Dairy Pasteurization Workshop (online)
Our traditional in-person pasteurization course is going virtual! The 2.5-day online Dairy Pasteurization Workshop gives participants an excellent overview of the concepts of the High Temperature Short Time (HTST) pasteurization system including the key components, their function and regulatory requirements per the PMO as it relates to the Time, Temperature and Pressure relationships of dairy product manufacturing. Live, virtual experiences will be conducted utilizing a PMO approved HTST system. Subject matter experts from industry, academia and equipment manufacturers will provide valuable insights throughout the course.
This is an excellent course for:
- Members of dairy plant management who do not have a thorough understanding of an HTST system
- Production Supervisors and Pasteurizer Operators
- Quality Assurance and Food Safety Supervisors and Managers
Attendees will gain a better understanding of:
- The evolution of pasteurization and types of systems in use
- Basic dairy chemistry and microbiology relative to pasteurization
- HTST components and their function including separation, homogenization and instrumentation
- Basic technical troubleshooting of common issues
- HTST integrity, maintenance and cleaning
- Regulatory compliance and documentation
Live, virtual experiences will feature:
- Flow Diversion Device
- Instrumentation Controls (STLR)
- Pressure Differential Controller
- Product Flow
- Mandated Valves in an accepted HTST System
- And Much More!
Class sessions will be held via Zoom.
Baseline Technical Skills
- Basic computer and web-browsing skills
- Navigating Zoom
- An orientation session will be held during the week of July 5-9, 2021. This session will provide students with an oportunity to become familiar with the platform.
- Mac (OS X) or PC (Windows 7+) with high-speed internet connection
- Speakers or a headphone jack in order to access video audio
- Webcam: built-in or external webcam, fully installed
- Microphone: built-in laptop or tablet mic or external microphone
- Zoom System Requirements
The cost to attend is $750 per person by the registration deadline of July 5, 2021. This fee covers instruction, electronic materials, and a certificate of course completion. After the deadline, the registration cost is $800. There is a 10% discount available for companies registering two or more participants at the same time.
Cancellations must be received by July 12, 2021 to receive a partial refund (there is a $50 cancellation fee). No refunds will be given for cancellations after the course starts on July 13, 2021.
In the event of low attendee registrations, the Food Industries Center will reschedule or cancel the course. If a course cancellation occurs, a full refund will be given in the amount of the registration fee.
Substitutions are allowed, but please notify us as soon as possible so we can update our list and contact the new attendee.