The Dairy Laboratory’s Role in FSMA-Preventive Controls Compliance
This workshop will cover the requirements that dairy laboratories must follow to comply with the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) regulation. This course will focus on best practices for monitoring and verifying each preventive control, and will include sampling, testing, corrective action, and management of records.
You will learn about:
- Process Preventive Controls – time, temperature, and pressure monitoring
- Allergen Preventive Controls – cross contact and label management
- Sanitation Preventive Controls – environmental pathogen monitoring & ATP swabbing
- Supply-Chain Preventive Controls – non-dairy ingredient sampling methodology and testing
- Basic dairy chemistry and microbiology
- Best lab practices –safety and layout, laboratory standard operating procedures (LSOP), and proficiency testing of personnel
- Dairy product analysis – techniques, legal and economic factors
- Sensory evaluation of select dairy products
- Troubleshooting shelf life issues
- Plus more!
The cost to attend is $695 per person by the registration deadline of May 3. This fee covers instruction, manual, lunch, and certificate. After the deadline, the registration cost is $745. Optional parking passes are $7.50 per day. If parking on the OSU campus, a parking pass is required.
Please do not make travel arrangements until you receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class sessions are held on The Ohio State University campus. Room location TBD.
Please do not make travel arrangements until you receive a confirmation email from email@example.com
Cancellations must be received before May 10 to receive a partial refund. There is a $50 cancellation fee. No refunds will be given for cancellations after May 10 or for no-shows.
In the event of a low attendee registration or weather emergency, the Food Industries Center will reschedule or cancel the course. If a course cancellation occurs, a refund will be given in the amount of the registration fee.
Substitutions are permitted, but please notify us as soon as possible so that materials can be properly identified.