Cleaning and Sanitation Basics (Cancelled)
This online short-course is an introduction to cleaning and sanitation in food and dairy processing operations. This course combines live lectures and demonstrations from our pilot plant facilities. Participants will have the opportunity to interact and ask questions throughout the course.
Class will be held on October 20 from 9:30am - 4:00pm, and on October 21 from 10:00am - 12:00pm.
- Basic Microbiology
- Characterization of Process Soils
- Basic Sanitation Chemistry and Water Quality
- Cleaning Methodologies
- Master Sanitation Schedules
- Monitoring and Verification of Cleaning
- Regulatory Basics and Recordkeeping
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for those who are either new to the food industry or looking to enhance their skills related to cleaning and sanitation, including plant supervisors, operation managers, quality and sanitation team members, engineers, and equipment manufactures. There are no prerequisites for this course.
The cost to attend is $250 per person by the registration deadline of October 13th. This fee covers instruction, manual, and certificate. After the deadline, the registration cost is $300.
A higher level course, Cleaning, Sanitation and Advanced CIP, will begin the following day (October 21-22). Receive a $100 discount by attending both courses. More information here: www.go.osu.edu/cip
Baseline technical skills necessary for online courses
- Basic computer and web-browsing skills
- Navigating Zoom
- Mac (OS X) or PC (Windows 7+) with high-speed internet connection
- Speakers or a headphone jack in order to access video audio
- Webcam: built-in or external webcam, fully installed
- Microphone: built-in laptop or tablet mic or external microphone
Cancellations must be received before October 13th to receive a partial refund. There is a $50 cancellation fee. No refunds will be given for cancellations after October 13th or for no-shows.
In the event of a low attendee registration or emergency, the Food Industries Center will reschedule or cancel the course. If a course cancellation occurs, a refund will be given in the amount of the registration fee.
Substitutions are permitted, but please notify us as soon as possible so that materials can be properly identified.