Advanced CIP (Cancelled)
This online short course will bring together highly recognized CIP experts including plant engineers, scientists, chemists, regulators, and technicians to provide the latest information and applications in CIP cleaning and sanitation of food and dairy processing plants. This course combines live lectures and demonstrations from our pilot plant facilities. Participants will have the opportunity to interact and ask questions throughout the course.
Class will be held daily from 9:30am - 4:00pm.
- Microbiology of Biofilm
- CIP Cleaning Chemicals and Water Quality
- CIP Systems
- Mixproof Valves, Aseptic Valves and Applications
- Records and Regulatory Oversight
- CIP Demonstrations
- FSMA and Sanitation Preventive Controls
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for processing plant managers, supervisors, equipment operators, quality assurance and quality control personnel, scientists, plant engineers, equipment manufacturers, and anyone whose work is related to cleaning and sanitation or sanitary equipment design for food and dairy manufacturers.
This course is a great training for personnel who are new to the CIP technology or for those who might need to refresh or increase their knowledge, get updates, review the chemistry and microbiology principles, and what is new on CIP systems including piping, valves, regulations, and tools of verification.
Prerequisites for the Course
- Understanding of biological hazards, microbiology, chemistry of water and cleaning compounds
- Understanding of sanitation procedures and cleaning methods
- Experience with monitoring, verification, and validation of cleaning
- Working knowledge of food safety regulations
These prerequisites will be covered in a Cleaning and Sanitation Basics course that will be offered the day before (October 20). Receive a $100 discount by attending both courses. More information here: www.go.osu.edu/cleaningbasics
The cost to attend is $550 per person by the registration deadline of October 13th. This fee covers instruction, manual, and certificate. After the deadline, the registration cost is $600.
Baseline technical skills necessary for online courses
- Basic computer and web-browsing skills
- Navigating Zoom
- Mac (OS X) or PC (Windows 7+) with high-speed internet connection
- Speakers or a headphone jack in order to access video audio
- Webcam: built-in or external webcam, fully installed
- Microphone: built-in laptop or tablet mic or external microphone
Cancellations must be received before October 13th to receive a partial refund. There is a $50 cancellation fee. No refunds will be given for cancellations after October 13th or for no-shows.
In the event of a low attendee registration or emergency, the Food Industries Center will reschedule or cancel the course. If a course cancellation occurs, a refund will be given in the amount of the registration fee.
Substitutions are permitted, but please notify us as soon as possible so that materials can be properly identified.